Buzé 0.5 Documentation
Changes in Buzé from 0.5.1 to 0.5.8
Contributors in alphabetical order: Calvin, Hmaon, Ld0d, Syncat, Zeffii and Zonaj.
Also thanks the Aldrin guys for contributions to zzub and plugins: Bucket Brigade,
Jmmcd, Stone1, Paniq, and Tzhau.
The longer changelog
- The core engine (zzub) was almost completely rewritten:
- New event and MIDI connection types. Feedback loops permitted.
- Undo/redo works better and covers almost all operations.
- Supports the PortAudio backend via compiler switches.
- buzz2zzub supports plugin caching via compiler switches.
- aliases.txt and blacklist.txt is deprecated and completely replaced with buzz2zzub.ini.
- New zidl tool for generating language bindings (produces .def, .h and
.py-files so far).
- Includes 16 new Lunar plugins and the native plugins ld fungus, midicc and miditime.
miditracker supports more effects from PVST's midivst.
- Built libsndfile-1.dll with FLAC support and added import/preview for
more formats supported by sndfile.
- The built-in wavetable and file recorder plugins support 16/24/32bit/float
formats and continous recording.
- Fixed problems related to Buzz peer plugins controlling non-Buzz/missing
- Detailed BMX load warnings are back.
- Fixed long-time wavetable bugs in the BMX loader.
- Updated to latest Buzz headers and hacked basic support for the new
pattern editor plugins.
- Simplified the stream player/preview plugins. Removed the stream tracker plugin.
- Buzé now interfaces zzub via the C interface instead of the internal C++ classes.
- Pattern editor: Editors can be duplicated and linked together, new paste
operations, faster redrawing, added '4' and shift+'8' shortcuts.
- Sequencer: Uses theme colors from the machine view. Create pattern from
- Machine view: Smart delete, hide connections, move and align machines with
keyboard. When connecting plugins, a new, unfinished menu is shown.
- Wavetable: Added copy/paste, trim, set loop from selection.
- File browser: Load samples w/keyboard.
- New History view shows the undo history.
- New Preferences view replaces the preferences dialog adding GUI for several options
previously only configurable via registry.
- Edit patterns w/MIDI input. MIDI velocity is recorded on plugins with
a volume-column. Sync play/stop w/external MIDI SPP. MIDI focus simplifies recording.
Gear/midi_aliases.txt allows setting MIDI device name aliases.
- Many smaller details: Main toolbars remember their positions. Wine
workarounds. Context menu updates. Ctrl+F11 shows/hides all param windows. F3
button behaviour changed. Theme bugfixes. Up/down works in paramviews. Hotkeys
for browsing presets. Built-in support for more PVST hacks. Gear\Templates\*.bmx is listed in the
index. Hold ctrl to dock windows. Disappearing window fixes.
Anti-changes, stuff that didn't make it
Alas, due to the wide impact of changes, some stuff has not yet been successfully reimplemented:
- "Pattern mode" functionality is gone, replaced with the pattern
editor duplication feature.
- Analyzer is disabled.
- Buzz recorder plugins are not well supported.
- Copy/paste conversions to/from 24-bit does not work with all formats.
- Browsing and loading samples from S3M/MOD/XM-files is currently taken out.
- Cannot play single patterns anymore.
- There are at least three known backwards-compatibility problems with
BMXes saved in Buzé (of which two have a chance of being fixed):
- BMXes with peer-machines may not load in Buzz: Buzé does not
use nor save the hidden connections between MIF_NO_OUTPUT-
machines and the master.
- Patterns must be sorted alphabetically by their names, or Buzz will load
wrong patterns in the sequencer (bug in Buzz).
- Connections from PVST(i) may produce distorted
sound. Disconnect and reconnect the machines in Buzz to